Did you install new adjustable shocks and now your lap times are slower?
Do a “shock scan”!
- Note current adjustment settings
- Set bump and rebound full soft
- Do an out and in lap
- Add bump in two click increments until “feel” improves
- Now add rebound in two sweep (or click) increments until car “feel” (driver confidence) improves
- Back off by two clicks or more when lap time slows
- Drive out/in laps for quick comparison (some drivers adapt swiftly to poorly handling cars, back-to-back comparison avoids driver input blurring the data)
Now do a longer-run A/B test with new shock settings vs the settings you started with.